Dates: Jan 29th, Feb 3rd, Feb 5th, & Feb 10th (all during official practice hours)
Where: South Gym Challenge Court in the Main Rec
Events: MS, WS, MD, WD, XD
- Three ladders: Singles, Doubles, & Mixed (singles & doubles ladders will be co-ed)
- Singles & doubles ladders will be co-ed, & all genders will play together in the same ladder
- Each player can only sign up for each event ONCE
- Matches consist of 1 game of 21 points
- Initial rankings will be in order of online registration completion
- The challenge sign-up sheet will be manned & organized by an officer during official league days (first come, first serve) in the form of a document hyperlinked to the Ladder League page situated under the ‘Ladders’ Excel sheet.
- To challenge another team, let the officer on duty know and they will type your name on the challenge list.
- The excel Results sheet can be found on the website (uazbadminton.com), hyperlinked on the home page, & will be updated periodically by the officer on duty
- There will be one ladder for Singles & one ladder for Doubles
- The order of MS, WS, MD, & WD players will be examined independently & winners in each event will be declared separately
- Winners receive custom made T-shirts with their name on the back! (Designed by Julie Fan)
- The co-ed ladder offers opportunities for players to have more challenges & competition.
- No show for a practice session is a loss
- Players/teams are only allowed to challenge up to 5 ranks above current position
- Challenges can only be made during the current practice session
- If the challenging party wins, they replace the challenged party’s ranking & all other teams are shifted down one ranking
- If the challenged party wins their ranking remains the same & the challenging party drops down one ranking
- Challenging party must supply birdies, the club does not supply any birds for this tournament.
After official League hours (12PM Sunday and 10PM Friday):
- If a challenged party decides to deny a challenge due to lack of time or has decided to stop playing in challenges, it is up to the challenging party to request a postponement if they so choose.
- If either party of a challenge needs to leave the rec and has not yet played their challenge, postponement of the challenge may be requested to the next League day.
- You must inform the officer on laptop duty of your denial/absence/postponement.
- If the applicable party does not communicate with the officer on laptop duty at any point during League hours, it is counted as a loss.
- If you leave early (before the end of League day hours), you must notify the officer on duty so we may postpone any challenges written after you are gone.
- If you do not notify of your leave, we will count your challenges as a loss by the end of practice.
- NOTE: Before you leave for the day, make sure to check the challenge sign-up sheet to see if you have any challenges so you can inform us of any choices you want to make!